Hey everyone my heybike has been an absolute lifesaver for daily commutes and weekend rides but lately the battery performance has started to drop. I am barely getting half the range I used to, even after proper charging habits. So now I am in the market for a reliable Heybike battery replacement that can bring my e-bike back to life.
After checking user reviews and compatibility lists I have found two solid options that keep coming up.
Heybike 36V 13AH (468Wh) Lithium-Ion Battery for Heybike Models
https://www.amazon.com//dp/B0F93GQP5S/
This one looks like the closest match to the original Heybike pack. It offers solid 36V output and a 13Ah capacity which should easily handle long commutes. Users say it fits perfectly and charges efficiently with the stock Heybike charger.
Heybike Compatible 36V Battery
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DHV8WD1N/
I have read that this compatible model gives similar power but at a slightly lower price. It is supposed to have good cycle life and stable voltage output but I am unsure how it compares in real-world range.
Has anyone here replaced their Heybike battery recently? Between these two which one would you recommend for durability and consistent performance?
I have been using the official heybike 36V 13AH pack for about six months now. It is a bit pricey but it is totally worth it. I get almost the same range as when the bike was new around 35–40 miles depending on assist level. It also charges smoothly with the stock charger and no overheating issues.
I tried the compatible 36V battery mainly because of the lower price. It actually surprised me as it fits the frame fine and power delivery is pretty consistent. The only downside I noticed is that it takes about 30 minutes longer to charge fully compared to the original one.
If your main goal is range I would go with the Heybike 13AH one. The capacity difference really adds up over longer rides.and its reviews on Amazon mention better build quality and cell consistency.
Yeah, I second that. The compatible one is fine for casual rides but for everyday commuting, the OEM-style Heybike battery performs better. It also feels more stable on steep inclines. You can tell the cells are higher grade.
thanks susangarcia for your valubale feedback. Good to know! I was worried the compatible one might have voltage drop under load. Has anyone noticed that with it or does it hold steady on throttle?
It is mostly steady unless you are running full throttle up hills. then you can feel a slight dip. It is not dramati but noticeable. That is probably where the OEM Heybike battery still wins.
Another vote for the official Heybike 36V 13AH. I replaced mine last month and the difference was night and day. The range came back to what it was when I first bought the bike. It also has no compatibility worries. The connector matches perfectly.
If you ride daily do not gamble with a random third party pack.it sticks with the genuine Heybike one, the BMS (battery management system) is tuned for Heybike’s controller. That alone helps with safety and longevity.
I have tested both (I run a small e-bike rental). The Heybike 13AH battery has more consistent performance and faster recovery after full discharges. The compatible version works fine for lighter riders but degrades faster after 100+ cycles.
I just ordered the heybike 36V 13AH using your link . thanks for sharing it! I have been hunting for a solid replacement and did not know it was in stock again.i am excited to get my range back.
Thanks for all the input of everyone 
It seems pretty unanimous that the heybike 36V is the safer long-term choice.i appreciate the firsthand reviews. a’m grabbing it tonight.i am hopefully it gets my daily rides back to full range!